Tuesday, August 12, 2014

5 More Days

I've been really enjoying reading Inky Quill and Paper's Blogust series. . . Does that make me a creeper? I think I want to start some diary type entries too. . .

What's up everyone? My count down is telling me that we have less than five days left until the big move to Texas! Its still hasn't really sunk in yet that I'll be leaving. . . But it's the start of a new adventure!!!

Anyways, I thought I'd write a little about my day today (because I've been inspired by Holly :) Thanks Holly!!)

So, yesterday, I got my drivers licence- finally!! (my birthday was in June). I was so excited to have it! Despite the fact my dad told me that I wasn't going to be allowed to drive alone for a month for safety reasons, I drove four times today. ALONE. This morning, my mom told me I was to go to the bridal store with her, except to drive myself. We have a family bridal store, and she wanted me to film some training videos.

I drove to the store by myself, bringing along my laptop and camera. When we got there, it was too busy with customers for me to do anything, so I sat in the "Sewing Room" for a good 3 hours. I couldn't even connect to the internet, so I just listened to the Harry Potter, Prisoner of Azkaban audiobook while drawing pictures... Finally I was like "Mom, could I just go home and eat lunch? You can call me when you're NOT busy." So she said I could go home.

I drove home alone. I did stop by Dierbergs to buy a drink and some cookies. Then I went home and ate lunch. I then sat around and tried to clean my room a bit. Didn't work, but my mom never did call me.

Finally, in the afternoon, she called and said "Emma has an appointment today, please drive her to the store for me!" So then, I drove both my sister and brother to the store. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF, because none of us died :P My mom then took Emma to her appointment, and I took Ben to McDonalds to get a DVD from RedBox. I met a class mate there, which was weird for me, because I haven't been going to school. School technically started Monday, but we're moving, so I didn't go.

Then I took Ben home, and I wasted some more time. For dinner, we went to Hardee's, but came home, because it smelled like gasoline in the area. My mom was paranoid that the place would explode. There was recently a gas explosion in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, a bit away from my grandma's place.

Anyways, we ate dinner at home, and I played a couple games of Chinese Chess with my siblings. During which, while we were talking, Ben came up with the term "Kenfrucky." Its an abbreviation for "Kentucky Fried Do Do Birds"LOL.

Well that's about it for now. My siblings and I are getting banned from our computers tomorrow, so we can focus on packing. . . So I'll see you from Texas next time!!

Ciao!
<3 Alexis

2 comments:

  1. Aww thank you! I loved your post!
    Holly x
    http://inkyquillandpaper.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, :) Your blogust posts always make me smile :)

      Delete