Monday, July 28, 2014

The WRITING PROCESS TAG

WHAAAT? I've been tagged to do something?! I feel special!

Recently, I was called out by Holly from Inky Quill and Paper to do the one and only Writing Process Tag!!! She writes this really AWESOME AND AMAZING blog, so go check her out :)

I'm not much of a writer myself. I've never really written anything of too much importance. Meaning I've never written a book or article for personal purposes. I mean, of course, I was forced to write essays in school, buuuut, those were not great. I'll just give this a go though, so lets hop right in!

1) What are you currently working on?
As of right now, I'm mainly just writing bits and pieces on this blog (its my only blog). I basically keep this as sort of an online diary for my friends, family, and whoever might be interested in my life. My life recently has been a bit of a nightmare in terms of WAY TOO BUSY schedule. With camps and cleaning the house and moving, I barely have time to write stuff, which makes me kind of sad. I hope that someday when I DO have time, I can continue working on this story/manga that my friend and I used to work on back in 8th grade.

2) How does your work differ from others of its genre?
Um, well I'm not sure I have a genre. Like I said before this is mostly just kind of like a diary, so I guess it's a lifestyle/personal blog? I'm not sure if this can be counted as "different", but I feel like I put a lot less effort into my blog than other, more serious, bloggers. I write when I feel like it. Someday, when I have more time, I want to write more on my interests and hobbies, etc., but for right now, I'm just sticking with the "diary" theme.
Also, that book/manga my friend and I were working on, I'm gonna call it fantasy/fiction/dystopia.

3) Why do you write what you do?
I started a blog because Zoella had one, DIY and Beauty YouTubers had them, and most of all my Best Friend had one. I have a post on this (Inspiration), if you want to go read that. Anyway, I write when I'm feeling something deeply emotional or I'm just IN THE MOOD to write something. For me, writing is something that I do for myself. I'm not really big on grammar or proper writing form. That is something I reserve for language arts class! So all in all, my blog is really just a personal, online thing.

4) How does your writing process work?
Ohhhh myyy. I feel very unqualified to answer this question, because my writing has never been very good. Especially in language arts class. Most of my writing only ever deserved as high as a "B". I basically think of something in my head, then write until my fingers can't write anymore or until I run out of writing steam. If I haven't written in a long time then I might feel obligated to write something, and those are usually not my best posts. Also, I kind of just post whatever I write. Some people might write something, edit it, then edit some more, and post it a couple days later. I just write and click "publish". I don't even re read anything except for combing through for typos. . .

5) Tag three people to complete this post.
 1- Elinor @ writingmagic26.blogspot.com
 2- Emma @ thesnappydragon.blogspot.com
 3- Freya @ http://ateenagersguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com/

Well there you have it! My writing process! I hope you found this interesting or helpful or funny :)

<3 Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment